Founded in 1946, Graduate School, Chosun University currently has 71 Master and 64 Ph. D. courses with a student enrollment 2,480. - Benefits for International Students
- Scholarships are available for international students.
- Korean Culture Field Trip(Free)
- Buddy Program for new international students
The admission committee makes admission decisions through a comprehensive review of the application documents submitted. We send Admission letter to only applicants who are admitted.
|Application Deadline||June 12, 2020||Local time|
|Admission Announcement||July 10, 2020||"|
|Registration Deadline||July 20, 2020 – July 24. 2020||"|
|Semester start||September 1, 2020||"|
Applicants will be excluded from the admissions evaluation process if documents are not delivered until the application deadline (Local time).
Announcement: http://eng.chosun.ac.kr → Community → Notice
(We do not review, reply and accept any document through e-mail)
Korean Address: 대학원 담당자
광주광역시 동구 필문대로 309번지 조선대학교 국제협력팀 우편번호: 61452
English address: (Please write " Graduate Candidate")
International Office, Chosun University, 309Pilmundaero, Dong-gu, Gwangju, 61452,Republic of Korea
2. Language ability: Applicants submit one of the following foreign language certifications.
- - General course: TOPIK level 4 or higher
Division of Arts, Sports: TOPIK level 3 or higher
- - English Track*: TOEFL 530 (CBT 197points, iBT 71points), IELTS 5.5, TEPS 600 (NEW TEPS 326points) or higher. However, applicants with nationality in the U.S. the U.K. and Australia may be exempted from the standard of official English language grades with evidential documents (such as diploma certificates, etc) that have completed higher education.
- *English Track: More than 50% of credits required for graduation are conducted in English
- English Track Majors: Dept. of Pharmacy, Dept. of Life Science,
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dept. of Computer Engineering,
- Dept. of Information and Communication Engineering,
- Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Dept. of Chemical Engineering,
- Dept. of Biomedical sciences, Dept. of Biodental Engineering
Country subject to Academic Background Verification
China, Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Guinea, Mali, Uganda
Applicants of the above nationality must submit notarization documents of degree either in the following method No. 1 or No. 2 or No. 3. Uncertified degree documents are disallowed. But, if you have a degree from a university in Korea, you do not need to get notarized.
1. Graduation Certificate (Degree Certificate) Apostilled (Apostille Convention Countries* only)
*Apostille Convention Countries : Mongolia, India, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Peru
2. Degree verified by the Consulate
: the Korean consulate in the applicant’s country or the applicant’s embassy in Korea
: Higher Education Qualification Certificate issued by http://www.chsi.com.cn(Chinese Degree only)
|Students who’re recommended by
|The top 15 applicants are nominated
through a comprehensive evaluation of
their foreign language/final academic
performance/department evaluation, etc.
|a graduate of Chosun University||50% of
|Graduates in February 2020
and those scheduled
to graduate in 2020
|a master's degree at