Foreigner’s Registration Card
- Foreigners' Registration Card
- Registration No.
- Name in English
- Visa Type (Korean Language Education:D-4 undergraduate, graduate school:D-2)
- Issuing Date of the Registration Card
- Visiting Period
- Card Issuing Institute
- Changes (visa type, address, passport, changes of school and qualified activities)
- extended period of visit
when the foreigner's card is issued, the visiting period is specified as in ⑦ and ⑧ above. Undergraduates can extend their visa 2 months before the visiting period expires. If the visiting period is extended, the extended period is marked as in ⑪. For details, refer to 3. Visiting period extension. Those who do not extend their visiting period within the proper time may be punished (by a fine, by returning home, or reported missing according to Immigration Control Law.)
- Subjects: Foreign students
(Korean language education in Korea, undergraduates, graduates, and those in the exchange student program)
- Time Limit: Within 90 days from entry into Korea
- Documents Required: Application form, passport, certificate
- Those who do not register within the proper period shall pay a fine according to Immigration Control Law.
- More than 2 weeks is required for issuing a registration card.
- Subjects: Foreign students in Korea (Korean language education, undergraduates, and graduates)
- Documents required: An application form, passport, a foreigner’s registration card, a certificate of attendance, a grade transcript, a tuition receipt, a bank deposit certificate(showing more than 13 million won in funds), the application fee (60,000 won)
- Application Period: 2 months before your visiting period expires.
- A Reference: in cases where the G.P.A of undergraduates is below 2.0 or in case when they have a grade of F, additional documents are required from Gwangju Immigration Office.
Extension of Visa
( undergraduates or Graduates students)
|Those who complete a graduate school program|
|Subject||Those who need an extension of their registration period because they are looking for jobs||Those who complete the graduate programs and need an extension of their registration period in order to write their thesis|
|Application form, passport, foreigner's registration card, Graduation (or expected graduation) certificate, Grade transcripts, Tuition Receipt, Bank deposit certificate (above 13,000,000won),Application fee(60,000 won), a professor's recommendation,Students who live outside:Housing contract||Application form, passport, foreigner's registration card,Certificate of Completion, Confirmation Form for Faculty Advisor on a Student's Thesis Schedule, Transcript, Bank statement(above 13,000,000won),Application fee(60,000 won),Students who live outside:Housing contract|
|After acquiring a bachelor's degree - Before visa expiration||After a completion certificate is issued visa expiration|
|References||1.Those who have acquired a bachelor's degree and a mean of 3.0 in grade credits and are recommended by professors
2.Those who have acquired a master's degree in humanities and are recommended by professors.
3.For graduate students who meet such conditions, an extension within 6 months is allowed.
|1.A Maximum of 2 years extension can be given for a doctor's program and a 1 year extension for a masters program once each year within 6months of expiry.
2.The recommendations shall include a specific record on thesis instruction, a judgement schedule, and recommendations. However, scholarship students shall present their scholarship confirmation issued by the International Education Promotion Institute.
Reports on Additional Activities
- Employment is permitted: Those who have the qualifications of studying abroad(D-2, D-4) , are attending school and have completed more than 1 semester of their program.
- Permitted time: 20 hrs per week during semester, and no limit on weekends, holidays, and vacations.
- Permitted jobs: Temporary jobs appropriate for students.
- Documents Required: Application form, passport, foreigner’s registration card, certificate of enrollment, a grade transcript
(for undergraduates and graduates with a mean GPA above 2.5 )
- Those who want to be involved in additional activities shall be permitted to participate. Those who are engaged in Illegal activi ties shall be fined and return home.
- Freshmen are permitted to participate in additional activities one semester after entry (Korean language education, under gradu ates, and graduates)
- Those who want to visit their countries within their visiting period shall obtain a re-entry permit from the Immigration Office or visit the Immigration Office for permission in advance. Those who make a trip home without a re-entry permit will invalidate their visas. Please get a reentry permit before traveling abroad.
- Documents Required: Reentry permit application form, passport, foreigner’s registration card
- When your visa is extended, a reentry permit is automatically applied.
Reporting a New Address
- Foreigners who change their address shall report their new address within 14 days of moving to the Immigration Office, city, county, and district heads.
- Documents required: Application form, a passport, and a foreigner’s registration card
|Code||D-2 → E-1,E-3,E-7||D-4 → D-2|
|Subjects||Of those who have acquired a bachelors' degree, those who want to get jobs (refer to references for further information)||When language students take regular programs (undergraduate's, master's and doctoral programs)|
|Passport ,Foreigner's registration card, Application form , Graduation certificate, Employment contract, Presidents recommendation, Reason for change of status, Application fee (50,000won)*Documents may be adjusted when necessary||Passport ,Foreigner's registration card, Application form, Admission permission certificate, Education certificate, Family registration (for Chinese), Financial certificate or fidelity guarantee, Application fee(50,000won)|
|References||1.Those who have acquired a bachelor's degree in engineering, completed more than 7 semesters in engineering and want to be employed in an internship by a public or private institute.
2.Those who have acquired a bachelor's or master's degree in humanities in Korea (bachelors shall be limited to 12 kinds of jobs)
3. Period: Within the range of a job contract.
H2 visa application
|F-3 visa invitation|
|Subjects||When students who are Chinese or Russian and have been attending school for more than 1 semester want to invite their parents or spouses and have a D-2 visa.||When students who have been attending school more than 1 semester and want to invite their family with a qualification of D-4 and D-2 (except for applicants for H-2 visas)|
|Parents or spouses who are more than 25 years old||Spouse or children below the age of 20 without the spouse|
|How to apply||Visa application: Visit the Immigration Office||Visit the embassy or consulate for foreign students in Korea|
|Inviter (student)||family||F-3 visa invitation|
|① Visa application (click how to apply→HERE)
② Reason for invitation (Records on the relationship with the invited, A legal visit and return guarantee)
③ The identification certificate of the inviter: A copy of your passport, A copy of your foreigner's registration card (front and back)
④ certificate of student enrollment of the inviter
⑤ A transcript of inviter
⑥ Invitation agreement
|① Passport / copy of your foreign residence identification,
② The original and a copy of the family registry (print all pages of personal records),
③ Public documents to demonstrate the relationship to the student studying
④ A family relationship certificate
⑤ 1~2 family photos
⑥ Marriage documents(The original or a copy )
⑦ For divorced or deceased parents: A divorce certificate or a certificate of death
② Visa application form
③ Family relations documents (Marriage certificateㆍfamily registry copy or Birth certificate),
④ Student enrollment certificate and the tax certificate of the inviter
Report on Changes
- When changes such as a re-issuance of passports or school transfer occur, report it to the Immigration Office within 14 days.
- Documents required: Passport, Foreigner’s registration card, Report sheet, Certificate of student enrollment at a new school or a withdrawal certificate from the previous school.
Notice after graduation
graduation,temporarily absence and getting a job). If they don't, they may have some troubles when they stay in Korea.
- Open : 09:00-18:00
- Address : 196, Hwajeongro, Seogu, Gwangju
- Phone number : 062-381-0312 or 1345