College of Engineering
This college participated in the NURI program organized by the Ministry of Education & Human Resources in 2004, and has been participating in a Higher Education Capacity Building Project since 2004 and a Leading Industry Education Project since 2009. We have provided a more productive and creative education through industry and university cooperation and have successfully attracted about 20 centers including ABEEK, NURI, CUBI and a Techno Center equipped with production equipment, quality education, exhibition space, and business incubators. Thus, we have been providing opportunities for industry to improve its technological power and for university to provide a practical education.
Division of Architecture-Architecture (5-year)
This division has provided more specialized education through a 5-year architecture program and a 4-year architectural engineering program aiming to nurture architects and architectural engineers who can meet the needs of the changed international architectural environment and a diversified society based on the foundational ideals of Chosun University.
- To nurture creative architectural experts.
- To nurture elites in architecture who are needed by our nation and society.
- To nurture nationally competitive architectural engineers.
Dept. of Photonics Engineering
Photonics studies how to effectively use light for industry. Present photonics technology has become an area of advanced sciences which has changed our lives significantly. Chosun University has the only specialized photonics department and this department teaches theories in relevant studies such as laser applications, optical communication, and LED optical devices in order to nurture photonics engineers for the 21st century who can contribute to the development of our nation and humanity.
- To nurture creative photonics engineers with basic and applied knowledge in photonics and an ability to design.
- To nurture specialized photonics engineers who can contribute to national and regional competitiveness and have the ability to adjust to fields and an ability in industrial management.
- To nurture photonics engineers with the ability to adjust to globalism, a cooperative ability, responsibility, and good personalities.
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering has introduced a rotational engineering education system to improve the curriculum according to educational goals and the needs of undergraduates, graduates, industry, and the community. It aims to nurture intellectuals and experts in mechanical engineering who can contribute to national and human development based on the foundational ideals of Chosun University.
- To nurture engineers with specialized knowledge in mechanical engineering and an ability in design.
- To nurture technicians with the ability to adjust to industrial fields.
- To nurture technicians with cooperative and global minds.
Division of Mechanical System and Automotive Engineering
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineering is a multidisciplinary science merging engineering management, engineering, and social sciences. The Themes of industrial engineering are directly connected with the real economy and field management and as the methodologies used are so diversified, industrial engineers have to analyse problems presented in an organized way and find general solutions. To enhance the ability to deal with the enormous and complex problems, we help students understand theories in mathematics, statistics, management science, computer engineering, business management, and economics, acquire experimental and practical engineering technologies through practice, design, and manufacturing, and analyse real problems and develop real alternatives.
- To acquire flexible thinking and knowledge in various areas.
- To nurture an ability in information processing and operation.
- To nurture problem-solving ability with insight.
- To nurture proper ethics in the occupation and the ability to understand social responsibility.
- To nurture the ability to work with a team.
Dept. of Biochemical and Polymer Engineering
This department provides education which is a base for research in biochemical engineering and its application, with the intent that Biochemical Engineering is a complex science, to produce competitive elites, and a wide range of education in related disciplines to expand the scope of employment. Through such education, we nurture competent chemical engineers, biochemical engineers, researchers, and scholars who will lead in the development of the chemical industry and in biochemical engineering and meet the needs of a rapidly changing society.
- To nurture creative global leaders with occupational ethics and cooperative minds.
- To nurture leading engineers with an ability in design who will lead in a global information-based society.
- To nurture leading engineers with a service mind who will lead in the development of national industry and future engineering efforts.
Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
This department has provided high-quality curriculum and educational environment aiming to nurture qualified engineers who can contribute to academic research in shipbuilding, marine engineering, and relevant areas and the development of our marine industry.
- To nurture outstanding elites with intensive knowledge in naval architecture engineering.
- To provide extensive education which is applied in industrial fields.
- To nurture the creative ability to challenge the unknown.
- To nurture competitive elites with the ability to adjust to globalism.
Dept. of Energy Resources Engineering
This department aims to nurture elites who develop underground and underwater resources and contribute to the development of national industries and who can develop new future energies and conduct research on them. For this purpose, we teach the basic subjects of engineering to help students deal with a variety of energy resources underground and underwater, explore, develop, and process industrial fuels, and provide them stably and join in the development of overseas resources.
- To nurture specialized personnel through giving them a basic knowledge of resources and a practical education.
- To nurture specialized engineers needed for the development of national industry.
- To nurture the ability to analyse and deal with problems in the field of resource engineering.
- To nurture elites in resource engineering and relevant areas based on creative and complex judgment
Dept. of Welding and Joining Science Engineering
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Nuclear Energy Engineering
This department aims to nurture competent engineers in nuclear energy with practical skills and technological ethics. For this purpose, we have opened a liberal arts program, a basic major program, and an intensive major program to achieve the goal. We have agreements with industry, university, and research cooperatives with Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power CO. LTD., Yeonggwang KHNP, Korean Atomic Energy Research Institute for joint education and research based on industry, university, and research cooperation. Also we have industry and university cooperation programs such as the field study program or internship programs with other nuclear energy companies.
- To nurture field-oriented engineers who understand and use nuclear energy systems and radiation.
- To nurture engineers with ethics to serve the in development of humanity and society based on a correct understanding of nuclear energy and the dangers of radiation.
- To nurture elites for the 21st century with adaptive ability, creativity, and challenging minds based on the diversity in nuclear energy engineering.
Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering
Preparing content.. .
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
This department aims to nurture specialized engineers and technicians with knowledge on profound theories and the ability to apply them in electric engineering as a base for the knowledge-based society of the 21st century and contribute to our industrial development. To nurture professionals with practical technology, we have outstanding teaching personnel and labs with advanced facilities and have produced a great number of outstanding leaders for about 40 years who serve in industrial fields, education, and other relevant areas.
- To nurture the ability to use theories on electrical engineering through reinforced education in the basic and core areas of electrical engineering.
- To nurture a practical ability through a practical education in electrical technology.
- To nurture an adaptive ability to correspond to environmental changes in advanced technologies and reinforce education in experimentation and design.
- To nurture competent leaders who will lead in specialization projects for the community.
- To help students learn the thought processes and language skills needed in a global society.
Dept. of Civil Engineering
This department aims to nurture Civil engineers with a profound knowledge of academic theory, the ability to apply it, and good personality based on the foundational ideals of Chosun University. We want to create engineers who can contribute to local and national development.
- To nurture civil engineers with specialized knowledge in civil engineering and a creative design ability.
- To nurture experts of civil engineering with the ability to adjust in industrial fields, acquire new technology, and deal with problems.
- To nurture professionals who can contribute to national and social development with cooperative and global minds.
Dept. of Aerospace Engineering
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Environmental Engineering
Environmental Engineering has provided plentiful opportunities and support for students who have challenging minds and enthusiasm to understand and analyse the problems found in industrial fields in regards to the environment. Therefore, we have provided curriculum covering a wide range as well as cooperation from environmental and applied sciences such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, biological engineering, economics and social sciences.
- To nurture experimenters and the ability to design with specialized knowledge in environmental engineering based on basic sciences.
- To nurture student's active adaptive ability in industrial fields through the development of an organic industry and a university cooperative system.
- To nurture an ability to communicate and work in teams as well as globally.