College of Foreign Studies
This department aims to nurture global leaders who can compete in the era of globalism. For this purpose, we have developed an effective curriculum to enhance fluency in foreign languages and enthusiasm in the majors through updated educational facilities, including a computer room, and have an innovative curriculum for differentiated and specialized education through connected majors and dual major systems. We have sister relations with prestigious universities overseas, an overseas exchange program, an overseas credit completion system, and have financially supported overseas language program to provide plenty of opportunities for students to have easy access to foreign cultures.
Dept. of English Language
This department has an integrated and comprehensive curriculum to nurture international English experts who can advance into various fields by becoming familiar with the cultures of English speaking countries. Students can select one of three study tracks set up: Practical English interpretation and translation, A plural degree in Vietnamese and overseas work, studying English literature, and graduate schools There are chosen according to the students aptitude and talents and they can learn what they choose with definitive purpose.
- To nurture elites with fluency in practical English including English conversation, writing, interpretation, and translation.
- To nurture elites with specialized knowledge on the society, culture, communities, and tourism in England and America.
- To develop competent leaders with practical skills in the diplomacy, business, and academic studies of England and America, and other English-speaking countries.
Dept. of Arabic Language
This department aims to nurture talented elites with organized and specialized knowledge in Arabic and Islamic countries. Therefore, students can be leaders who will speak intermediate-level Arabic, have intensive knowledge in Arabic and Islamic cultures, and are able to analyze the politics, economics, and society of the Middle Eastern countries. For this purpose, we have sister relationships with many universities in Arabic countries through which many students can study abroad. There is also a credit authorization system through which undergraduates study overseas through support from the university for at least six months.
- To nurture elites with organized and specialized knowledge on Arabic and Islamic countries.
- To nurture leaders who can speak Arabic language fluently and analyze the politics and economy of the Middle East.
Dept. of Japanese Language
This department teaches everything about Japan such as: its geology, culture, history, politics, and economy based on the Japanese language. Lectures are given in Japanese to junior and senior students. Students can acquire Japanese teacher certificates when they complete the teaching curriculum. We are proud of our graduates higher rate of employment after graduation and we have a more practical curriculum along with sister relationships with many Japanese universities such as Waseda University, Shizuoka University, Tohoku University and others. We plan to increase the number of students invited by the Japanese government.
- To nurture fluency in speaking Japanese.
- To nurture elites with extensive and intensive knowledge on Japanese culture and political trends.
- To enhance our ability to work together with Japan.
Dept. of Chinese Language and Culture
After The People's Republic of China enforced Economic reform in 1978 and diplomatic relations between Korea and China were reached in 1992, physical and personal exchanges between the two countries have become frequent. In order to meet the need this department was opened to nurture specialized elites who can be in charge of exchanges with China through learning the Chinese language, Chinese studies, and research. Therefore, the curriculum is composed of basic and advanced Chinese, and the politics, economics, history, and geology of China.
- To study all areas of the Chinese language in an organized way.
- To nurture elites who can contribute to regional and national development using their knowledge of China and Chinese.
- To nurture professionals who can contribute to globalism and the cultural development of our country through the introduction of foreign languages and culture.
Dept. of German Language and Culture
In this department, native German professors teach the German language using audio-visual materials to help students build a base in the language and understand German language and literature including relevant studies about Germany. Students can join in a dual major program. Our curriculum is designed to ask students to speak one other language in addition to the German language and students can join in a dual major program.
- To produce specialized professionals who are fluent in the German language and who are engaged in fields involving Germany as well as German literature.
- To have practical and specialized knowledge in German and Germany.
- To expand opportunities for overseas study and training for an expanded global sense.
- To have German language fluency.
Dept. of Russian Language
This department aims to nurture professionals for the nation and society who have language fluency, and the capability to learn and create knowledge on the politics, economy, society, culture, and history of Russia based on the educational goals of The College of Foreign Studies.
- To understand, speak, and write in the Russian language through intensive language training for international communication.
- To learn about the history, culture, politics, economy, and current events in Russia through materials in the Russian language.
- To have short-term intensive training under adjunct professors from prestigious institutes.
Dept. of Spanish Language
This department encourages undergraduates to complete subjects covering international business as a plural major so they can acquire competative advantages and help them to have integrated ability in language skills, regional professions, and be involved in international business. In addition, to meet the educational goals of nurturing talented elites who can contribute to our country and society, we have an industry and university cooperative system which can guarantee social participation of students and provide more opportunities for students to get jobs overseas.
- To nurture practical language skills which can be used in Spanish-speaking countries
- To acquire specified knowledge on Spain, Central, and South America through which students can contribute in the fields of politics, economy, society, culture and education.
- To nurture language professionals who can contribute to our exchanges with Spain and Central and South America.
Dept. of French Language
This department teaches the subjects involved in French studies and French literature to help students have a deep understanding of the literature as well as the language. French speaking classes are given by a native French professor and audio-visual materials are used to encourage participation of the students. Students' clubs such as the Chanson club, a French theater club, and a French speaking club are active and an annual journal titled Ensemble publishes French essays and research results. There is also a 'French Night' which introduces French culture. Thus, graduates are actively participating in every area of our society.
- To educate creative and global professionals who accept the advantages of French language, literature, and culture.
- To nurture future-oriented leaders who can contribute to the globalization of our society through French fluency.
- To study specialized and organized knowledge on French language and literature and nurture practical skills.