College of Health Sciences
Dept. of Counseling Psychology
Counselling Psychology focuses on the promotion of the understanding of mental health, interpersonal relations, self-growth, the adjustment of contemporary people and the presentation of practical methods to solve problems. Psychology is a theory-based study while Counselling Psychology is an application-based study to apply theories to actual problems. This department was opened in 2007 focusing on the diagnosis and healing of various psychological problems based on the accumulated knowledge and theories in general psychology.
- To nurture counsellors who can contribute to personal and social welfare and wellbeing based on the belief of respect for humans.
- To nurture specialized counsellors who apply counselling techniques and theories they learn for education and clinical use and in industrial fields to improve our quality of life.
- To nurture preliminary counselling researchers who can do research on counselling independently.
Dept. of Speech Language Therapy
Speech-language pathologists should consider the environment and future of patients first in a close relationship with their families and guardians as well as acquire knowledge on diagnosis and treatment of speech and language disorders. We aim to acquire knowledge on major and practical skills to cooperate with people with disability and their families. y.
- To provide specialized education and practices on varieties of communication problems of language development disorders, aphasia, stuttering, aural disorders, and articulation problems.
- To nurture capable speech and language pathologists who can manage clinical cases effectively.
Dept. of Occupational Therapy