College of Natural Sciences
The College of Natural Sciences aims to nurture talented leaders with creative thinking and good personality who can contribute to the enhanced quality of life for human beings and in the development of scientific technology. We teach theories and the ability to apply them in advanced science and industrial development as well as the basic principles of natural phenomenon. We are participating in a five-year Human Resources Development Project for Traditional Food centering on the Dept. of Food and Nutrition, and the Dept. of Bio-engineering, and Human Resources. As well there is the Development Project of Dental Science Engineering centering on the Dept. of Physics, the Dept. of Chemistry, and the College of Dentistry. We have been paying a lot of attention to attracting outstanding students by developing the PMDC program to prepare for the reorganization of the Medical and Dental School.
Dept. of Mathematics
This department has been engaged in academic research to lead in the mathematics of Korea both in theory and research and has made efforts to develop basic technologies which meet the demands of industries in application. To nurture research professionals who will be leaders in Korean academic circles and research institutes we have created the best environment and methods for them.
- A Specialized education.
- A Practical education to meet the demands of the field.
- To nurture leaders with intensive knowledge of various information and skills to deal with problems.
- A Practical education to make mathematics familiar.
Dept. of Computer Statistics
This department teaches how to apply academic theories to actively deal with IT and statistics, aiming to nurture specialized elites who are needed by this information-based society through the education of extensive culture and personality and contribute to the development of national competitiveness in society locally and globally.
- To nurture professional IT experts.
- To educate in the basic knowledge of biological information.
- To nurture software development and management experts.
- To educate in computer system application and management technologies.
- To nurture the ability to analyse data through statistical packages.
Dept. of Physics
Physics explains the fundamental principles of nature and phenomena, makes predictions about them, and provides a basis in natural sciences and engineering as well as lead in the innovative development of industrial technology for the next generation. Therefore, we aim to nurture creative professionals who study other disciplines based on physics.
- To nurture human resources for basic academic research.
- To nurture educators who excel in practical physics.
- To nurture educators who excel in computational physics.
- To nurture specialized leaders who will be engaged in the era of information through applied physics.
Dept. of Chemistry
In Chemistry we learn the basic principles of natural phenomena through theory and experimentation, explain the phenomena reasonably, and predict the future. Therefore, this department aims to nurture elites who can contribute to the development of science through the development of foundations in natural sciences, engineering, agriculture, dentistry, medicine, and pharmacy.
- To give a Basic education to nurture researchers for academic development.
- To nurture specialized professionals who will take the lead in advanced industries.
- To support the education of those who major in natural sciences and other relevant disciplines.
- To nurture qualified professionals who will be engaged in education.
Dept. of Biological Science
This department teaches the micro structures and functional units of genes, and the control systems of gene manifestation and extensive theories on microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, plant molecular biology, neural biology. Students participate in experiments in advanced areas such as animal and plant tissue cultivation and molecular biotechnology and learn applied areas such as current biological practices, management, and marketing of the life industry.
- To nurture outstanding elites who can be future leaders in biotechnology.
- To produce specialized professionals required in biotechnology who will lead in the 21st century.
Dept. of Biomedical Science
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Food and Nutrition
This department has nurtured competent leaders who have knowledge in intensive theories of their major, an ability to apply those theories, independent thought, and good ethics as well as a good understanding of the basic principles of natural phenomena to achieve the educational ideals of Chosun University since the department was established in 1978.
- To nurture qualified professionals who have creativity, ethics, and sociability (a practical education)
- To nurture experts in nutrition(a specialized education).
- To nurture qualified leaders for the food and life industry(a practical education).
- To nurture specialized professionals in the food and life industry (research-based).
- To nurture school nutritionists(a specialized education).