College of Fine Arts
This college has participated in the New University for Regional Innovation(NURI) program to nurture the capability of local universities and provided various scholarships and academic programs such as academic program transfers, overseas training, overseas campuses, exchange programs with national and international universities, the acquisition of teacher's certificates, early graduation, and extension of graduation as the best college of art in our country. Since 2005, we have had an international exchange agreement with the Universitat der Kunste Berlin-UdK in Berlin, Germany for regular exchange activities. This exchange was designed to enhance the international artistic sense of students and we have a higher status as an art college as students have been awarded internationally and produced lots of famous artists.
Dept. of Painting
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Fine Arts
In this division, students are separately admitted for each division and can have expanded opportunities to choose what they learn through multiple major systems. This division has been engaged in the following activities: Credit and student exchanges and international exchanges with world famous universities.
- Painting: To nurture leadership as educators and future-oriented artists.
- Sculpture&Installation Media: To nurture future-oriented artists with artistic capability.
- Aesthetics and Art History: To nurture art leaders with knowledge of humanity and the ability to understand academic materials in foreign languages, knowledge on art theories, and practical administration.
- Visual Culture Curator: To nurture talented leaders with knowledge of humanity and the ability to understand academic materials in foreign languages, knowledge in art theories, and practical administration.
Dept. of Cartoon and Animation
This division aims to nurture promising and creative leaders in cartoon and animation who will lead in national and regional society through practical capability and a global sense. For this purpose, we have developed advanced educational facilities and curriculum to support creative individuality in this area.
- To nurture a practical ability supported by creative individuality.
- To nurture specialized professionals needed by the nation, community, and global society.
Dept. of Visual Communication Design
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Division of Design
This division aims to nurture competent professional designers who can actively deal with environmental changes in a rapidly changing design industry. Students can contribute to the development of the design industry by nurturing ability in practical adjustment, the use of information media, a realization of aesthetic art, the creation of traditional culture, and respond to globalism.
- Visual Communication and Multimedia Design: To nurture design leaders, creative planners and specialized producers who will lead in the next-generation information and industrial society.
- Product and Interior Design: To nurture creative specialists who do research on and develop innovative products.
- Cultural Industry Design: To nurture talented leaders with creative and practical ability and practical skills.
Division of Informatics and Product Design
The department of applied arts was opened in 1972 aiming to nurture competent designers with an ability to deal with problems through design education, integrating management, and engineering ability as well as design. We successfully participated in an industrial design specialization project supported by the government in the mid-1990s and the department has been raised to the Division of Design and has produced outstanding design leaders.
- To nurture the next-generation's convergence design leaders.