College of IT Convergence
This college, which started as the first IT institute in the Honam area, built a new building with a total floor area of 16.500㎡ pyeong with advanced facilities and knowledge-based intelligent functions. It is characterized by the enthusiastic instruction of an outstanding faculty, outstanding research results, active participation in government funded projects and in ITBI and IBI to nurture regional venture enterprises as a leading IT college. We will lead in nurturing future-oriented professionals who pursue innovative changes and contribute to national and regional development.
Division of Electronics Engineering
Electronic Engineering leads in the creation of added value for systems in general engineering as well as having significant applicability and ripple effects in advanced applied engineering. This department teaches basic concepts to freshmen and sophomores, and intensive theories, practices, and field study involving various areas of electronic engineering such as multi-media signal processing, microprocessors, data communication, communication theories, control engineering, and microwave engineering for juniors and seniors in order to nurture specialized professionals with the ability to adapt and apply their knowledge in the field of electronics, information, and communication.
- To nurture professionals with correct occupational ethics and a healthy sense of value.
- To nurture capable elites with knowledge of theories and practical skills.
- To nurture specialized engineers who can actively correspond to social needs and current trends.
Dept. of Computer Engineering
This department aims to help students acquire basic and advanced knowledge in computers and the correct personal values. Therefore, we provide both education in software and hardware to nurture creative leaders who will contribute to the development of computer design and public welfare in an era of advanced science and informatization. Students can acquire certificates of teachers for secondary school after they complete a teaching program and be engaged in the education of future leaders.
- To provide a whole-person education for reasonable and faithful professionals.
- To nurture professionals who can design creative systems through experimentation and lab time.
- To nurture professionals with the ability to apply their knowledge in industrial fields and the ability to learn new future technologies.
- To provide specialized education through team projects and interdisciplinary education.
Dept. of Information and Communication Engineering
Information and Communication Engineering is a future-oriented study which leads in the knowledge-based information society and contributes to our quality of life in various ways. To help students deal with rapidly-changing IT technologies and industry, we provide differentiated educational programs focusing on the basic theories needed in industrial fields, industry, a university cooperative programs, laboratory education, software, and an intensive knowledge on information. In particular, we have developed a curriculum for veteran specialists with knowledge and practical skills, creative engineers, and developers of new technologies.
- To nurture creative technicians with knowledge in IT and practical skills.
- To nurture IT engineers with problem solving ability and qualifications as leaders.
- To nurture global leaders with the ability to create high value added products in a global society.