College of Physical Education
This college aims to nurture specialized leaders in physical education with intelligence, virtue, and physical strength who are needed by society in the future. For this purpose, we have reorganized the curriculum made up of various practical and current trends and educational programs to nurture competent leaders with knowledge on organized and specialized theories and practical skills through scientific experimentation and practice. In addition, we have pursued academic improvement and global competitiveness through expanded research facilities, a job support program, and a global training program.
Dept. of Physical Education
This division is categorized into the following areas: Physical education, community sports and leisure, and athletic science. Education is composed of theoretical and practical study. The theoretical education focuses on acquisition of the basic theories of physical education to identify the academic mechanisms of physical movement
- To nurture specialized leaders with outstanding practical skills and leadership.
- To nurture talented leaders with theoretical knowledge in all areas of physical education such as human anatomy, sports physiology, sports therapy, exercise regimens, exercise dynamics, physical education measurement and evaluation, sports sociology, sports psychology, sports management, the theory of community sports and leisure, health education, the philosophy of physical education, the history of physical education, and the administration of physical education.
Dept. of Taekwondo
This department, which was opened in 2004, aims to nurture intelligent and emotionally mature leaders who are familiar with the academic and cultural nature of Taekwondo, as a modern sport of Korea, and acquire its unique techniques and teaching skills.
- To nurture competent leaders who identify the cultural value and scientific nature of Taekwondo, establish a new academic system of our own and develop unique techniques and teaching skills with a firm view of the nation and the world.
- To nurture intelligent and emotionally mature leaders who are familiar with the academic and cultural nature of Taekwondo as a Korean martial art.
Dept. of Sports Industry
Educational GoalPreparing content..
Dept. of Performing Arts Dance
This department aims to nurture competent dance leaders and dancers. For this purpose, we teach a complete theoretical and practical education in each area of dance such as: Korean dance, ballet, contemporary dance, and social dance. All relevant knowledge about the stage is taught as well, as dance is one of the stage arts. Students can have the opportunity to learn how to deal with stage performance through on campus or extracurricular performances and they can become qualified professional artists through deep study of the dance theory and practice.
- To nurture leaders with artistic qualifications and extensive knowledge in dance.
- To nurture leaders with creative and representative ability through dance creation and choreography.
- To nurture specialized dancers who have knowledge on dance and its techniques and can advance to the world stage.
- To nurture practical dancers who can contribute to its promotion in community health, sport, and leisure activities.